Meet Your Wheaton Orthodontist
Dr. Kaleem Razi is always looking for ways to improve the quality of care and experience for your family at Razi Orthodontics by utilizing the latest technology available in orthodontics.
Dr. Razi attended the University of Pennsylvania for dental school, where he received numerous honors for his academic excellence.
He completed his orthodontic residency at the University of Louisville while receiving a Master of Science in degree Dentistry for his research in smile esthetics.
How orthodontists and dentists differ
While orthodontists and dentists have similar backgrounds, the two professions are actually quite different. In fact, all orthodontist are trained as dentists first, but in addition to completing dental school to become a dentist, orthodontists continue their education for a few additional years to earn the license and certification necessary to be considered an orthodontist. That means that orthodontists have spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. That education includes what to do, how to plan and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan for patients' unique cases.
Why seeing an orthodontist matters
If you're hoping to achieve a beautiful, straight forever smile that you can feel confident in, it's important that you see an orthodontist to help guide you on your journey. This is because the additional training that orthodontists undergo helps them develop the skills necessary to diagnose and treat more complex orthodontic cases. Dentists also receive basic orthodontic training which enables them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing your Wheaton orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Wheaton orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Razi Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Wheaton area.